Due to the design and/or construction of certain items, as well as moving company policies and government regulations, there are items not covered by movers under increased valuation coverage or third party moving insurance – only the basic cargo valuation of $.60/lb applies to these items.
Also, please note that Elephant Moving’s liability is limited to $50.00 for damage to floors, walls, doors, and painted surfaces.
Elephant Moving Assumes No Increased Liability for the Following Items:
Customer Packed Boxes (PBO-Packed By Owner) – VERY IMPORTANT
- the specific contents of your boxes are not covered unless they have been packed by Elephant Moving company employees and additional insurance has been purchased
- in the event that a customer-packed box is lost or destroyed, basic valuation compensation of $.60/lb will be computed based on industry standard weights per box, REGARDLESS of actual box contents
- disassemble pressboard furniture if possible, package fasteners separately (see our section on pressed wood furniture for further explanation)
Halogen Pole Lamps
- disassemble and box halogen pole lamps to protect them, always remove bulbs
Live Plants or Perishables
- avoid packing food or plants if at all possible, use open-top boxes or wardrobes for plants
Electronics & Musical Instruments (Internal Mechanisms)
- includes the internal workings of all electronic items such as televisions, stereos, computers, computer accessories and all musical instruments (unless you have specifically purchased full coverage insurance with the mechanical and electrical derangement add-on coverage)
- have your electronics and musical instruments professionally prepared for moving beforehand
- includes glass framed artwork, fish-tanks, tabletops, and mirror glass
- glass must be pre-packaged by an Elephant Moving employee to be fully covered