It hardly seems that long, but sure enough, this July marked 10 years in business for Austin-based Elephant Moving & Storage – our favorite Texas moving and storage company. Happy Birthday to us!
Wow. From just an idea we had to start a small business in Austin, to a moving company that now operates throughout Texas and even beyond, in only 10 years. In case you missed it, here are some highlights from our first decade in business:
- Launched the business in July 2006, handling both local residential and commercial moves;
- Expanded to include moves between the Houston and Austin areas, between San Antonio and Austin, then all of Texas;
- Expanded again to provide interstate moves;
- Added warehouse storage as one of our services, and now manage a facility encompassing 25,000 sq. ft. for both short- and long-term storage;
- Created a dedicated delivery service to handle white-glove and deluxe deliveries of large furniture and appliances for major retailers and e-commerce websites;
- Active members of the Southwest Movers Association, and
- Triple A rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Although we have grown and evolved, one thing hasn’t changed from the first day: we are licensed, bonded and insured. We play by the rules and are proud of it.
To be sure, we’ve had our growing pains — like many successful businesses — but, on balance, we serve our customers well, and we’re proud of the referrals and repeat customers who have helped drive our growth. When we perform below a customer’s expectations we want to hear about it, so we can continue to improve how we operate.
All signs point to continued strong growth for many parts of Texas, and we look forward to being part of it in the years ahead. Our thanks go out to our many friends and customers for your encouragement and support.